Toyohira River Canoe
Dates of Operation
June - November
3 years +
Requires a minimum
2 people +
Jozankei is surrounded by valleys and rich woodlands even though it is within the city of Sapporo. It is a popular hot spring resort for its deep green foliage and refreshing breezes in summer, and for its autumn foliage, when the mountains turn golden and vermilion in the fall. Climb into a stable Canadian canoe and feel the sounds of birds and the rushing river in places where you would normally not set foot while passing through the valley.
The average depth of the river is about 1 meter with a gentle current. Guides will provide instructions, so first-timers are welcome to join.
Dates of Operation
- May 8, 2023 – Early November 2023
- 10:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. 2:00 p.m.
- Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
Address: Jozankei Onsen Higashi 3-chome, Minami-ku, SapporoGoogle Maps
- Available (free of charge)
Hotels at Jozankei onsen area ⇔ Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
- About 1kmCourse Map
- age 3+
*Participants under 18 y/o must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Adult(age 13+) ¥4,000 Child(age 6+) ¥3,000 Preschooler(age 3+) ¥2,000 Dogs allowed No charge
*The above rates include consumption tax.
*This plan include life jacket rental and insurance.
*There is no charge for dogs, but they must wear life jackets (rental available for a fee).
*Dog life jackets rentals (¥1,000 / tax in), please make a reservation in advance.
Example of a 10:00 a.m. start
- 9:45 a.m.
- Meet at the Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
- 9:50 a.m.
- Move to the starting point and registration.
- 10:00 a.m.
- Experience Lecture *Don’t worry, our guides will teach you carefully…
- 10:10 a.m.
- Let’s get going! Once you get the hang of it, it’s time to enjoy the scenery!
- 10:55 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m.
- End of tour.
What to Wear / Prepare
- Wear clothes that are easy to move in and can get a little dirty.
- If you want to jump in and play in the water during summer, wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet and bring a change of clothes.
- Free raincoat rental available on rainy days.
- If traveling by car, a guide car will lead you from the Fureai Taro no Yu to the free parking lot.
- The tour may be canceled if the staff deems it dangerous due to weather or water conditions (rain or shine).
- The guide will not be in the same canoe, but will accompany you in a staff boat (please contact us if you wish to have a guide on board).
- Please remove all jewelry and watches (insurance does not cover them in case of damage or loss).
- Safety is the guide’s priority, but please be aware that this is a nature experience and you are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
- Any dog that you wish to bring along must wear a life jacket (refer to price list).
- You will not be sharing a canoe with other groups.
- Groups of up to 100 people can be accommodated (inquire in advance).
- Minors must apply with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Payment for online booking is by credit card only.
Cancellations received 2 days prior to the booking will incur no cancellation fee.
Cancellations received 1 day prior to the booking will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Cancellations received on the day of the tour will incur a full 100% cancellation fee.
*No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
*Please contact us as soon as possible in case of cancellation. This is because our staff is preparing on site.