Toyohira River Canoe & North Safari Zoo
Dates of Operation
June - November
Canoe : 1 hour
3 years +
Requires a minimum
2 people +
Enjoy Sapporo in a super wild way. This plan includes canoeing through the beautiful Jozankei valley and an admission ticket to North Safari Zoo, where you can get up close and personal with many animals.
Have a blast canoeing in the Jozankei Valley surrounded by nature as far as the eye can see. After that, please go to North Safari Zoo on your own and enjoy the uniqueness of that park, which has been featured on Japanese TV nationwide and in the media.
This tour is popular not only among children, but also with couples and students!
Dates of Operation
- May 8, 2023 – Early November 2023
- 10:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m.
[May-June / September-November]
Weekdays/10:00 a.m.～5:00 p.m. (Last entry 4:00 p.m.)
Saturday, Sunday, Holidays/9:00 a.m.～5:00 p.m. (Last entry 4:00 p.m.)
[July – August]
9:00 a.m.～5:00 p.m. (Last entry 4:00 p.m.)
*North Safari Zoo will be available after the main activity (not before), and move to North Safari Zoo on your own.
- Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
Address: Jozankei Onsen Higashi 3-chome, Minami-ku, SapporoGoogle Maps
- Available (free of charge)
Hotels at Jozankei onsen area ⇔ Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
- About 1kmCourse Map
- age 3+
*Participants under 18 y/o must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Adult(age 13+) ¥5,500 Child(age 6+) ¥3,300 Preschooler(age 3+) ¥2,000
*The above rates include consumption tax.
*Life jacket rentals, insurance, and North Safari Zoo entrance fee (for adults down to elementary school students) is included in the above fee.
*Admission fee of JPY600 (tax inclusive) to North Safari Zoo will be charged separately for infants only.
Example of a 10:00 a.m. start
- 9:45 a.m.
- Meet at the Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
- 9:50 a.m.
- Move to the starting point and registration.
- 10:00 a.m.
- Experience Lecture *Don’t worry, our guides will teach you carefully…
- 10:10 a.m.
- Let’s get going! Once you get the hang of it, it’s time to enjoy the scenery!
- 11:00 a.m.
- End of tour.
- 11:10 a.m.
- Move to North Safari Zoo on your own (10 min. by car)
- 11:20 a.m.
- Reception forNorth Safari Zoo, dismissal. *Please enjoy the rest of the day on your own.
What to Wear / Prepare
- Wear clothes that are easy to move in and can get a little dirty.
- If you want to jump in and play in the water during summer, wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet and bring a change of clothes./li>
- Free raincoat rental available on rainy days.
- If traveling by car, a guide car will lead you from the Fureai Taro no Yu to the free parking lot.
- Canoeing will come first, then North Safari Zoo (travel on your own).
- You will go to North Safari Zoo by yourself (10 min. by car).
- Please safely keep the ticket for North Safari Zoo (which will be provided at canoeing) until you enter the park.
- The tour may be canceled if the staff deems it dangerous due to weather or water conditions (rain or shine).
- The guide will not be in the same canoe, but will accompany you in a staff boat (please contact us if you wish to have a guide on board).
- Please remove all jewelry and watches (insurance does not cover them in case of damage or loss).
- Safety is the guide’s priority, but please be aware that this is a nature experience and you are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
- You will not be sharing a canoe with other groups.
- Groups of up to 100 people can be accommodated (inquire in advance).
- Minors must apply with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Payment for online booking is by credit card only.
Cancellations received 2 days prior to the booking will incur no cancellation fee.
Cancellations received 1 day prior to the booking will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Cancellations received on the day of the tour will incur a full 100% cancellation fee.
*No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
*Please contact us as soon as possible in case of cancellation. This is because our staff is preparing on site.