Toyohira River Spring Rafting
Dates of Operation
April - June
13 years +
Requires a minimum
3 people +
Only in the spring! Whitewater rafting in Sapporo! With the late arrival of spring in Sapporo the Toyohira River of Jozankei becomes a famous spot for rafting as the melting mountain snow gives the river a boost. Niseko is also famous for rafting, but you can actually enjoy rafting in the central area of Sapporo City.
Have a thrilling experience splashing and paddling through deep, sharp canyons. How about an active spring day that is different from a relaxing day at Jozankei? A day trip to KOGANEYU hot springs is included to relieve your fatigue after a full day of fun.
Dates of Operation
- April 15, 2023 to mid-June 2023
- 9:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
- “Koganeyu Onsen Yumoto Shun-no-Oyado Matsunoyu” parking lot
Address: 24 Koganeyu, Minami-ku, SapporoGoogle Maps
- No Available
- About 6km
- age 13+
*Participants under 18 y/o must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Adult(age 13+) ¥5,500
*The above rates include consumption tax.
*The above fee includes dry suit rental, river boot rental, insurance, and one-day bathing ticket to “Matsuno-no-yu”.
*One-day bathing(hot spring) is only for the same day; difference is non-refundable even if you do not use the one-day bathing.
Example of a 9:30 a.m. start
- 9:15 a.m.
- Meet at the “Matsunoyu” parking lot
- 9:30 a.m.
- Please change into a dry suit.
- 9:40 a.m.
- Experience Lecture *Don’t worry, our guides will teach you carefully…
- 9:50 a.m.
- Let’s get going! First step is to control the paddle.
- 10:50 a.m.
- 11:10 a.m.
- Return to the meeting place in the guide’s car and change clothes.
- 11:30 a.m.
- Day-trip bathing at Matsuno-no-yu (hot spring) *Following that, we will disperse on our own.
What to Wear / Prepare
- Wear comfortable clothing such as sweats, that is divided into upper and lower garments (no skirts or jeans).
- Since this activity involves water, please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting wet, and bring a change of clothes (including change of underwear).
- For those who wear contact lenses, disposable lenses such as one day lenses are recommended.
- For those who wear glasses, it is recommended that you use a strap.
- Bath Set
- Please enter your shoe inches and clothing size (S, M, L, XL) at the time of booking.
- Rafting will come first, then one-day bathing to “Matsuno-no-yu” (order of the schedule cannot be changed).
- After rafting, you will receive a ticket one-day bathing to the spa.
- The tour may be canceled if the staff deems it dangerous due to weather or water conditions (rain or shine).
- Guides will be on board the rafts.
- Please remove all jewelry and watches (insurance does not cover them in case of damage or loss).
- Cameras and smart phones are not allowed on the boat (insurance will not cover them in case of damage or loss).
- Safety is the guide’s priority, but please be aware that this is a nature experience and you are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol, pregnant, or in poor health are not allowed to participate to prevent accidents.
- You will not be sharing the raft with other groups.
- Groups can be accommodated (please inquire in advance).
- Minors must apply with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Payment for online booking is by credit card only.
Cancellations received 2 days prior to the booking will incur no cancellation fee.
Cancellations received 1 day prior to the booking will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Cancellations received on the day of the tour will incur a full 100% cancellation fee.
*No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
*Please contact us as soon as possible in case of cancellation. This is because our staff is preparing on site.