Jozankei Hot Spring & Canoe Tour
Dates of Operation
June - November
Canoe : 1 hour
3 years +
Requires a minimum
2 people +
A popular plan that combines valley canoeing in Jozankei hot springs and Water Kingdom "Lagoon" pool and its famous hot springs. Enjoy canoeing from June amidst the fresh green, to summer when it's a deeper green, and the fall when the whole area is covered with beautiful autumn leaves. After being healed by the rich nature, enjoy Water Kingdom Lagoon, one of the largest heated swimming pools in Hokkaido with a total area of 4000㎡. This is the ultimate luxury experience, where you can play hard and relax in a hot spring bath.
It's also a favorite summer vacation destination for families with children.
Dates of Operation
- May 8, 2023 – Early November 2023
- 10:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. 2:00 p.m.
Onsen 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. / Swimming pool 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
*Last entry at 8:00 p.m.
[Saturdays, Sundays and holidays]
Onsen 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. / Swimming pool 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
*Last entry at 2:00 p.m.
*One-day Bathing will be available after the main activity (not before).
- Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
Address: Jozankei Onsen Higashi 3-chome, Minami-ku, SapporoGoogle Maps
- Available (free of charge)
Hotels at Jozankei onsen area ⇔ Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
- About 1kmCourse Map
- age 3+
*Participants under 18 y/o must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Adult(age 13+) ¥5,000 Child(age 6+) ¥3,500 Preschooler(age 3+) ¥2,000
*The above rates include consumption tax.
*Life jacket rentals, insurance fee, day-trip hot spring & pool usage fees (for adults down to elementary school students) are included in the above fee.
*There will be a hot spring & pool fee for infants (¥1,000 on weekdays, ¥1,500 on weekends/holidays (tax inclusive)
Example of a 10:00 a.m. start
- 9:45 a.m.
- Meet at the Taro-no-yu (Foot spa)
- 9:50 a.m.
- Move to the starting point and registration.
- 10:00 a.m.
- Experience Lecture *Don’t worry, our guides will teach you carefully…
- 10:10 a.m.
- Let’s get going! Once you get the hang of it, it’s time to enjoy the scenery!
- 11:00 a.m.
- End of tour.
- 11:10 a.m.
- Move to Jozankei View Hotel on your own (2 min. walk).
- 11:15 a.m.
- Reception for one-day bathing and pool use, dismissal. *Please enjoy the rest of the day on your own.
What to Wear / Prepare
- Wear clothes that are easy to move in and can get a little dirty.
- If you want to jump in and play in the water during summer, wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet and bring a change of clothes.
- Free raincoat rental available on rainy days.
- Please bring your own towel or rent one for a fee.
- Please bring your own swimsuit or rent one for a fee if you wish to use the pool.
- If traveling by car, a guide car will lead you from the Fureai Taro no Yu to the free parking lot.
- Canoeing will come first, then hot spring & pool (order of the schedule cannot be changed).
- You will go to “Jozankei View Hotel” which has hot spring and swimming pool by yourself (2 min. walk).
- Please safely keep the hot spring & pool ticket you will receive at the time of canoeing.
- The tour may be canceled if the staff deems it dangerous due to weather or water conditions (rain or shine).
- The guide will not be in the same canoe, but will accompany you in a staff boat (please contact us if you wish to have a guide on board).
- Please remove all jewelry and watches (insurance does not cover them in case of damage or loss).
- Safety is the guide’s priority, but please be aware that this is a nature experience and you are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
- You will not be sharing a canoe with other groups.
- Groups of up to 100 people can be accommodated (inquire in advance).
- Minors must apply with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Payment for online booking is by credit card only.
Cancellations received 2 days prior to the booking will incur no cancellation fee.
Cancellations received 1 day prior to the booking will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Cancellations received on the day of the tour will incur a full 100% cancellation fee.
*No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
*Please contact us as soon as possible in case of cancellation. This is because our staff is preparing on site.