Bibi River Canoe
Dates of Operation
May - September
3 years +
Requires a minimum
2 people +
A memorable water experience near New Chitose Airport, the gateway to Hokkaido! Free transportation (10 min.) is available from the airport. Enjoy it during your trip in Hokkaido or on your way home!
This plan is a 4 km canoe ride touring the Bibi River down to the vicinity of Lake Utonai, one of the most popular bird sanctuaries in Japan. Enjoy two atmospheres in one; the first half of the tour is a leisurely descent, while the second half takes you through a jungle-like tunnel through a marsh forest. Only Amuse Sports can take you to Lake Utonai by canoe!
Bring your dog along! (Life jacket required)
Dates of Operation
- May 1, 2023 to late September 2023
- 9:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m.
- No.2 Bibi-bashi bridge canoe port
Misawa, Tomakomai City, Hokkaido (across from Log House Bibi, a Japanese beef restaurant)Google Maps
- Available (free of charge)
New Chitose Airport Hokkaido Tour Desk (Domestic arrival lobby 1F) ⇔ No.2 Bibi-bashi bridge canoe port
- About 4kmCourse Map
- age 3+
*Participants under 18 y/o must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Adult(age 13+) ¥5,000 Child(age 6+) ¥3,500 Preschooler(age 3+) ¥2,000 Dogs allowed No charge
*The above rates include consumption tax.
*This plan include life jacket rental and insurance.
*There is no charge for dogs, but they must wear life jackets (rental available for a fee).
*Dog life jackets rentals (¥1,000 / tax in), please make a reservation in advance.
Example of a 9:00 a.m. start
- 8:50 a.m.
- Meet at the No.2 Bibi-bashi bridge canoe port, reeception.
- 9:00 a.m.
- Experience Lecture *Don’t worry, our guides will teach you carefully…
- 9:10 a.m.
- Let’s get going! Once you get the hang of it, it’s time to enjoy the scenery!
- 10:35 a.m.
- Goal (near Lake Utonai)
- 10:40 a.m.
- Return to the meeting place in the guide’s car.
- 11:00 a.m.
- End of tour.
What to Wear / Prepare
- Wear clothes that are easy to move in and can get a little dirty.
- Free raincoat rental available on rainy days.
- The tour may be canceled if the staff deems it dangerous due to weather or water conditions (rain or shine).
- The guide will not be in the same canoe, but will accompany you in a staff boat (please contact us if you wish to have a guide on board).
- Please remove all jewelry and watches (insurance does not cover them in case of damage or loss).
- Safety is the guide’s priority, but please be aware that this is a nature experience and you are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
- Any dog that you wish to bring along must wear a life jacket (refer to price list).
- Groups of up to 100 people can be accommodated (inquire in advance).
- Minors must apply with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Payment for online booking is by credit card only.
Cancellations received 2 days prior to the booking will incur no cancellation fee.
Cancellations received 1 day prior to the booking will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Cancellations received on the day of the tour will incur a full 100% cancellation fee.
*No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
*Please contact us as soon as possible in case of cancellation. This is because our staff is preparing on site.