Chitose River Rafting
Dates of Operation
May - Octorber
3 years +
Requires a minimum
3 people +
Easy access from New Chitose Airport! Enjoy gentle rafting in the clear waters of Chitose River!
Chitose River, with a clear water lake as its source, has a relatively gentle current which allows everyone from small children to the elderly to enjoy rafting in a relaxed atmosphere.
Surrounded by lush greenery, wild birds such as the Common kingfisher and Crested kingfisher can be seen in the summer, and a variety of fish can be seen swimming downstream.
Free transportation (approx. 5 mins) is available from JR Chitose Station, so enjoy during your trip in Hokkaido or on your way home!
Dates of Operation
- April 2023 – Late October 2023
- 10:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
- Dynax Arena
1762-2 Shinmachi, Chitose-shi, HokkaidoGoogle Maps
- Available (free of charge)
New Chitose Airport Hokkaido Tour Desk (Domestic arrival lobby 1F) ⇔ North exit side of JR Minami Chitose station ⇔ Dynax Arena
- age 3+
*Participants under 18 y/o must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Adult(age 13+) ¥5,500 Child(age 6+) ¥5,500 Preschooler(age 3+) ¥5,500
*The above rates include consumption tax.
*This plan include life jacket rental and insurance.
*Free rental of dry suits only during the chilly season
Example of a 10:00 a.m. start
- 9:50 a.m.
- Meet at the Dynax Arena.
- 10:00 a.m.
- Experience Lecture *Don’t worry, our guides will teach you carefully…
- 10:15 a.m.
- Let’s get going! Once you get the hang of it, it’s time to enjoy the scenery!
- 11:00 a.m.
- 11:10 a.m.
- Playing in the water by the river.
- 11:40 a.m.
- Return to the meeting place in the guide’s car.
- 12:00 p.m.
- End of tour.
What to Wear / Prepare
- Wear comfortable clothing such as sweats, that is divided into upper and lower garments (no skirts or jeans).
- Since this activity involves water, please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting wet, and bring a change of clothes (including change of underwear).
- For those who wear contact lenses, disposable lenses such as one day lenses are recommended.
- For those who wear glasses, it is recommended that you use a strap.
- Please enter your shoe inches and clothing size (S, M, L, XL) at the time of booking.
- Dry suits are available only during chilly season (free).
- The tour may be canceled if the staff deems it dangerous due to weather or water conditions (rain or shine).
- Guides will be on board the rafts.
- Please remove all jewelry and watches (insurance does not cover them in case of damage or loss).
- Cameras and smart phones are not allowed on the boat (insurance will not cover them in case of damage or loss).
- Safety is the guide’s priority, but please be aware that this is a nature experience and you are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol, pregnant, or in poor health are not allowed to participate to prevent accidents.
- You will not be sharing the raft with other groups.
- Groups can be accommodated (please inquire in advance).
- Minors must apply with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Payment for online booking is by credit card only.
Cancellations received 2 days prior to the booking will incur no cancellation fee.
Cancellations received 1 day prior to the booking will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Cancellations received on the day of the tour will incur a full 100% cancellation fee.
*No cancellation fee will be charged if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
*Please contact us as soon as possible in case of cancellation. This is because our staff is preparing on site.